Drawing Hands

Drawing Hands
M. C. Escher

Wednesday 27 September 2017

The Cost of Faith

Faith.

It is a word that gets thrown around a lot in Christianity. It's a word that hit my heart heavily tonight.

I lost something tonight. Something that hit my heart deeply. Something that will take me a while to move on from.

I had very little to do with how things happened and I am powerless to change the consequences of the outcome. I have no control to exert and no situations can be manipulated to lead to there being less pain in my heart.

I can only have faith.

Faith that this latest flattening of my heart is not descriptive of my character. Faith that God has an orchestrated plan for my heart and that trusting him is the wisest decision I can make. Faith that I am worth knowing and loving.

In truth I hate needing to have faith. I'd prefer needing to rely on myself...or at least my over blown view of my competence.

Instead, I sit here hurting, crying and questioning all because I had the faith to believe that God could be good to me again. I'll do it all again soon too. God is good, my pain does not dictate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment